Too much of anything is not god for our bodies. Too much of the wrong foods and drinks can prove themselves as detrimental to our health and our progress. It is very important to regulate what and how much of certain things we put into and on our bodies for many reasons.
****I would like input from those who choose not to perm their hair accompanied by reasons why others should or should not do the same.****
Personally speaking....I have chosen not to perm my hair any more as well as abstaining from meat and sugar for the next thirty days. I believe that we all go through a phase or change in our lives when the old way just isn't working and it's time to switch things up. The purpose for my change is to see what can be accomplished when I withdraw from certain things and look for spiritual guidance and answers in the process. My Christian faith is taking me in a new direction and I am anxious to see the fullness and goodness of God when I submit myself to a different lifestyle than I have previously lived. I also have decided to end a dependence of medicine/drugs and alcohol to help me cope with life's obstacles. Tylenol PM is a good sleep aide but from now on I plan to try God, prayer and meditation, and writing to help me rest when I feel troubled.
As my dear friend of many many years always tells me..."anything worth having is worth working for". I plan to work towards a better, healthier, stable, beautiful, natural ME!
I would also like to thank the people that have been on the journey with me from the beginning and who listen when I hit a bump in the road from time to time.
THINK ABOUT IT: Is there anything taking your focus off of your goals? Is there anything you know that is not productive to you and what you are trying to accomplish? Why not make the decision to get it out of your way?
Loving it! I am natural and have been for over 10 years. Its hard as hell but worth it. We don't really know why so many black women get cancer among other disease/disorders. I am not sure if that causes cancer but I am going to do and try whatever I can to live the best life I can.
ReplyDelete